Service & Repair
Bethel Automotive Service & Repair is our automotive service and repair shop. Whether you need a repair, tune-up, new battery, or something else, we work with the latest equipment to service foreign and domestic cars and trucks. Call (203)744-3420 to speak with our repair shop staff to schedule an appointment.
CAR MAINTENANCE TIPS:
- Check Your Tire Pressure – Tire pressure can change with the seasons. Make sure the pressure is set to manufacturer’s specs for best tire performance and durability.
- Get an Oil Change – It’s recommended you get your oil and oil filter changed roughly every three months or 3,000-7,500 miles or per your vehicle’s manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check Fluids – Regularly check all of your car’s fluids and especially before planning a big trip or doing extensive amounts of driving.
- Check Belts and Hoses for Damage – Winter is hard on vehicles so be sure to check hoses and belts for leaks and cracks to avoid situations such as the radiator overheating in the middle of nowhere.
- Get a New Air Filter – Air filters can get clogged with salt, dirt and miscellaneous debris and putting in a clean air filter can actually help to improve your fuel economy.
- Replace Windshield Wipers – Replace your wiper blades as soon as you see streaking or large gaps while they try to clear the windshield. Proper visibility is important for the safety of everyone.
- Make Sure Your Brakes are Working Properly – Have brakes checked to make sure they are working properly. If they are at the end of their lifespan, you should replace them to assure you have reliable stopping power and a safe vehicle to drive.
- Check Coolant Levels and Radiator Function – Check coolant levels and radiator function to prevent your engine from overheating and to make sure your radiator is working properly.
- Check Your Car Battery – Cold temperatures reduce your battery’s cranking power. Have it checked to see if it needs to be replaced.